Sometimes, a full charge is all you need. Also, try bringing your Bluetooth device closer to the speaker. Interference may be causing the noise.
To troubleshoot, let's get a fresh start with the connection by removing the speaker and reinstalling it on your Bluetooth device.
Let's try to reset the Bluetooth first: "Forget" or remove your existing Mooni speaker from your Bluetooth source. Then turn off your Bluetooth signal from your phone/Bluetooth device.
*Make sure there are no other Bluetooth devices connected to the speaker you are trying to connect to. It's best to turn off the Bluetooth function on other devices that have connected to the speaker in the past. If they are connected, it will block the signal and you will not be able to pair.
- Turn off your speaker by pressing the button on the base of the unit for < 3 seconds
- If your speaker hasn't been charged, charge your speaker lantern for 6-8 hours
- Turn on your speaker lantern by pressing the button on the base of the unit or press and hold for < 1 full second
- Once turned on, the Speaker is ready to connect
- Restart your Bluetooth device or phone
- On your Bluetooth device, turn ON your Bluetooth setting
- In the Bluetooth menu, find and select the device named “mooni” to pair
- If you cannot locate "mooni" on the menu, you may need to press the Bluetooth button on your Mooni remote to enable pairing. Your speaker is ready to pair after you hear "Power on".
- Once paired, your speaker will confirm it is connected.
If these steps don't help, try a complete reset: Keep the speaker & lights on and let the battery fully drain. Then let it charge overnight. Now, follow steps 3-6.
If the same noise persists, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for further troubleshooting.